Patriotic

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Still Cancer free!!!

I wanted to check in real quick and let everyone know that has been following my blog! I went for my check up again with MD Anderson and I am still cancer free! For those that don't know, I had a rare Lymphoma. I was diagnosed in March of 08. My last treatment was June of 08.
Also for some sad news our sweet cat Stubby died yesterday. She was OLD! I know she had to be at least 25yrs old! She lived a good life! We inherited her from a friend of my hubby's who passed away quite suddenly. So we had her with us for a few years. Going to miss that cat! She was completely deaf and born with a partial tail. Hence the name Stubby! Good bye my sweet friend!

5 comments:

Six divided by two..... said...

From one M.D. Anderson patient to another: Let me be the first to say,"CONGRATS!" I am so very happy for you and sad for your loss at the same time. I claim complete victory for you. Be blessed.

Dottie said...

Congrats on being cancer free! So sorry about your sweet Stubby cat. But it sounds like she lived a good life. I know I will be a wreck when my Jasmine passes. She's 13 now, but still seems to be good and healthy and plays like a kitten still. Hugs!

My Little Raggedy Blessings said...

Shawnette ,
that is awesome news !!! so happy for you sweetie :)

Sorry about stubby always hard when those sweet pets leave us.They do become part of the family don't they.

(((BIG HUGS)))
Renae

Imseeingraggedies Nutt said...

Thank you so much ladies!!! I am excited and relieved to be through another visit! They always stress me out! I claim victory for you too! I hope that you will be cancer free as well! MD Anderson ROCKS!
Our fur babies really become family. Every time I lose one I say "Never again"! Yet always end up with more! Glad your baby is doing well!
(((HUGZ))) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

ByLightOfMoon said...

GLad for your wonderful news and so sorry about Stubby. I hop ehe did not suffer, 25 years old, that is amazing. We just adopted two rescue cats this year and it is gettingused to having cats around again. Our last with them time was 2001. But, love them greatly.

YOu can have a ceremony next Monday night at the rainbow bridge.com, go and light a candle and get scheduled, We had our two golden retrievers their with ceramonies. We have scattered one at the river she loved and will take him soon.

Blessings to you, Cyndi/frstyfrolk

Freebie links working again!

 I just wanted to pop on and let you know I corrected the links for my free patterns! They are working again! I have a new pattern freebie I...